It's with the saddest of hearts that we have to report the 35+ people who remain missing / dead from last Friday's warehouse party in Fruitvale. As every major news channel has covered, we of course, give our thoughts to those who need them during this difficult time. This post will be dedicated to relief efforts and links that you can click through to give your support.
- A GoFundMe has been created for victim's families that will go towards funeral costs and other necessities needed.
- YouCaring has also started a relief fund for those who've escaped and are needed to deal with medical bills and visits along with funeral costs. Which is also being matched in part by the Oakland A's and Raiders organizations
- A vigil service will also be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Chapel of the Chimes in Oakland, 4499 Piedmont Ave.
- The Alameda County Sheriff's Office and American Red Cross have set up a family assistance center at 2425 E. 12th Street. Grief counselors will be on hand. People can call 510-382-3000 for help.
- Organizers from the event held at the warehouse have created a list on Facebook to try and figure out who is alive and accounted for. Families and friends took to Facebook and Twitter to express condolences for those who had died in the fire, and search for those still missing.
- The Gray Area Foundation for the Arts has started an online fundraising page and has raised more than $40,000. Gray Area is also slated to hold a vigil starting at 6 p.m. at 2665 Mission St. in San Francisco.
We are the collective editors of Bob Cut Mag. We edit, write, and scour the internet for the cool of the cool. Email us? Editor@bobcutmag.com