Eggs have become very popular with the explosion of Instagram.
Listen, we're not kidding. The pouring out egg shots as they ooze onto your butter toast and hash browns, you know exactly what we're talking about. DUM Indian Soul Food in the Mission, however, have taken egg innovations to new heights with their Indian Scotch Egg. Made for the Instagrammer's who need their 10K food bommerang. Bon appetit.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- Ground Lamb — 2 lbs
- Coriander seeds — 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds — 1 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic paste — 5 tbsp
- Chilli powder — 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder — 1 tbsp
- Cilantro — 1/2 Bu
- Mint — 1/2 Bu
- Salt and pepper
- Eggs — 4
- Toast coriander and cumin seeds. Crush the toasted seeds.
- Mix all the spices and ginger garlic paste with the toasted coriander and cumin seeds, chopped cilantro and mint.
- Incorporate the lamb into the spice mixture. Divide in to desired portions (recommended in 4.)
- Bring water to boil. Add a dash of baking soda.
- Add egg and cook for 4 minutes.
- Shock the eggs in ice water to stop the cooking.
- Peel eggs and wrap the egg with the seasoned lamb.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the scotch egg and sear on all sides and finish cooking in a 350 degree oven.
// DUM Indian Soul Food, 3111 24th St, Mission, dumsf.com
We are the collective editors of Bob Cut Mag. We edit, write, and scour the internet for the cool of the cool. Email us? Editor@bobcutmag.com