Though we're seeing spring showers and cold winds have been more apparent, spring offers warmer days and sweeter drinks. So go ahead and make this Lo-Fi 18th Street Cobbler at home to welcome in the season.
And for those who aren't in touch with their inner bartender, don't fret. It's as simple as 1-2-3, and for those who find that difficult—we don't know what to say to you.
- 3 oz Lo-Fi Dry Vermouth.
- 3 oz sparkling lemonade.
- ½ oz strawberries, or other seasonal berries or fruit.
1. Take your strawberries or seasonal fruits and crush lightly into a collins glass of choice. We suggest slicing the fruit to make the smashing process a little easier. We would take the back end of a spoon and lightly crush the fruits together. They should retain their color however, so be gentle baby.
2. Top with ice cubes or ice shreds if you want more of a boozy slushy. (Which isn't a bad thing.) Smaller ice cubes work better for this type of occasion, a good CB2 ice tray will work wonders.
3. Spike the glass with the Lo-Fi Dry Vermouth up until the ice and from there finish the drink with your choice of lemonade. Pink lemonade or classic is all acceptable.
4. For an added bonus, garnish the drink with either more fruit (raspberries, etc) or kick it up with fresh mint. One to two leaves should be enough to captivate the nose while your mouth is busy.
Ashley is Bob Cut's former lifestyle editor — Follow Ashley at her site below.